Lochmaben & District Community Initiative
Lochmaben and District Community Initiative was formed in 2001 as a result of a number of local groups deciding that a single organisation would have a better chance of improving community facilities and raising funds.
Achievements to date include the following:
- New ATM with disabled access installed
- More car parking spaces created at Lochmaben cemetery
- New path created at the Castle Loch
- New seats and interpretation boards at the Castle, Kirk and Mill Lochs.
- lochmaben.org.uk website created in 2004
- New gates and path improvements for the Mill Loch
- Fringed water lily control project for the Mill Loch 2006 -2012
- Town Trail leaflet
- Annandale Way development of 55 mile long distance footpath
- Lochmaben Flyer--leaflet publicising Lochmaben's attractions in places outwith the Burgh
- New Notice Board at Town Hall
- Local Walks leaflets
- Refurbishment of the Disabled Pier at the Car Park on the A709
Lead organisation for Day of the Region 2013 event 4-6 October & Day of the Region 2014 event 12-13 September
Lochmaben Voices--recording the recollections of Lochmaben residents of all ages re life now and in the past.
- Spring & Autumn Newsletters to all Lochmaben residents
- Website--volunteers required to look after specific areas of the site
- Tourist potential for Lochmaben through distribution of Lochmaben Flyers
- Annandale Way--on-going upkeep and maintenance of the local stretch
- Biannual meetings of Community Groups
- Encouragement of development of Youth Activities
- Updating of the Burgh Brochure
The committee would welcome any one who would be interested to help pursue the projects to join them.
Lochmaben and District Community Initiative News